A healthy diet is something you can do every day for the rest of your life.
- 1/2 plate (or more) fresh fruits and vegetables (usually those on sale tend to be in season and most fresh)
- Whole grains (I tend to save these for quick snacks and breakfast)
- 1% milk, fat free milk, and/or plant based "milk" like coconut, soy or almond milk
- Eat meat sparingly (fish 1-2x/week, red meat 1-2x/month)
- Limit alcoholic beverages, drugs and cigarettes
- I don't support or promote popular diets or passing trends
- All foods fit in a healthy diet, some just need more space on our plate
- You shouldn't lose more than 1-2 lbs/week.